Hot & helpful sex and health tips to help you get game and keep it.
Valuable research funds were put to use to determine how male fruit flies react to being rejected by females and deprived of sex. Researchers put one group of male flies with virgin female flies and another group of males in a container with females who had already had sex. Females who had already copulated automatically rejected further advances from other males. After their encounters, the males were put in a container with the choice of plain liquid food and liquid food mixed with alcohol. The study conducted at the University of California (San Francisco) found a reduction in a neuropeptide in the fruit fly’s brain because of a lack of sex leads to higher consumption of the liquid food with alcohol. The sex-starved flies consoled themselves by getting drunk and eventually passing out. Sound familiar?
It’s hard to put a price tag on true love, but online dating website whatsyourprice.com has come up with some numbers. The service, which allows users to buy and sell first dates, conducted a three-month study of its members and found that men will pay $73 more for love than for sex. Men looking for casual/no-strings-attached relationships paid on average $121, but guys looking for long-term relationships shelled out an average of $194 searching for love. Not a bad deal, but keep in mind that, push come to shove, it will always cost you, and a divorce will cost you considerably more.
Urban myths abound about the size of a man’s hands or shoe size indicating how well-endowed he is, but new research says penis size may be directly related to the ratio of length of your index and ring fingers. Researchers at Gachon University Hospital in Incheon, South Korea, found that men with a smaller ratio, that is, a shorter length of the index finger compared to the ring finger, most likely have a longer penis. Of course, the methodology may be questioned. Each study subject was first anesthetized as part of a surgical procedure at which point someone would measure the penis in its flaccid state and then tug and stretch the manly member and re-measure. We didn’t know that one could go to medical school and get an education as a surgical fluffer.
Guys in long-term relationships often make mistakes that risk causing a breakup without even realizing they’re doing it. Take note of these common errors:
• Failing to show empathy. Work on your ability to recognize her feelings by actually listening to what she says.
• Being selfish outside of the bedroom. She needs affection throughout the day, not just in bed when you’re in the mood.
• Excluding her from decisions. Spending a lot of money without discussing it with her first can create huge problems in the relationship. Don’t think of yourself as the “leader” in the family, but as a partner with, well, your partner. Would you be okay with her spending $2,000 on a pair of designer shoes without checking in with you?
• Hiding your feelings. Just as she wants you to listen to how she feels, you must speak up and express your own. Communication is key for a close connection in relationships.
• You’re always in charge. Unless she wants you to be in charge of everything, she will pull away if you try to be dominant and make demands as a matter of course.
Technology in the workplace helps to get the job done, but it also provides ample opportunities for workers to waste time (or, perhaps more accurately, enjoy their time). According to a survey by software firm Qumu, 25% of people admitted to watching TV or sports highlights at work, but only 3% admitted to watching adult content on the job, either on the company computer or on their smartphone. But in another survey out of the U.K., 33% of workers confessed to “viewing inappropriate material” at their desk (read: porn) and a Nielsen study showed that 27% had watched “adult content” in the office between 9 and 5. But who’s to say all of that fun time didn’t actually boost productivity during the rest of the work hours? In the interest of improving your percentages, we suggest you keep visiting americancurvesmag.com. (Our galleries are hot, and we believe quite “appropriate.” Just don’t get busted.)